Heavy and fat people don’t have it easy, even when it comes to gaming chairs. They need a lot of support and a small fragile gaming chair won’t do the trick. However, finding the best chair that supports your body type can be challenging.
Most people are not aware of how uncomfortable a poorly designed gaming chair makes them feel after being on the game for hours. As you may know, a gaming chair with a 200 lbs weight capacity just won’t do it. You either need a high weigh capacity chair or no chair at all.
What Makes a Good Heavy Duty Gaming Chair?
Lucky for you, manufacturers are coming out with some high-quality and heavy duty gaming chairs that support your body type. Not only that, but they’re also extremely stylish and comfortable to sit on for long periods of hours. As always, there’s a list of factors that make a good heavy duty gaming chair perfect for a heavy guy like you.
A Heavy Duty Steel Frame
Although it makes sense for a standard heavy duty gaming chair to have a steel frame, that’s not always the case. The reason for getting a chair with a steel frame is that a lot of manufacturers are not honest when it comes to the maximum weight that the chair can hold. Many chairs claim to have a 600 lbs weight limit, but they have hundreds of bad reviews from customers.
While a steel frame doesn’t exactly indicate the weight capacity of a gaming chair, it it does tell you that the manufacturer has at least tried to create a heavy duty chair. Speaking of which, a chair with a metal base instead of a plastic one is 10 times better. After all, you don’t need a leg to break while you’re fighting for your life in the game.
Removable Pillow and Lumbar Support
There are two issues that will stop you mid-game: a sore neck and back. If you’ve never had a gaming chair with a lumbar pillow, you are missing out a lot! A pillow not only improves your posture, but it also gets rid of any neck pain, allowing you to avoid headaches.
Similarly, the lumbar support provides excellent comfort, but it may take some time getting used to it if you’ve never tried it. If you use it in the long run, you’ll see a massive improvement in your back and neck.
Plenty of Heavy Duty Adjustable Features
Everyone needs heavy-duty adjustments, whether you’re fat or skinny. Of course, if you’re comfortable, you’re more likely to play better and longer. That’s why there are some adjustments that you need to look after:
- Adjustable Arms: This feature is helpful to move armrests up, down, forward, back, swivel, or in/out. It allows for more mobility, especially during an intense game.
- Height Adjustment: If you’re a beginner, you probably think that you need a gaming chair that’s made specifically for your height. Well, not exactly. Most gaming chairs have a height adjustment feature to fit people who are tall or short.
- Backrest Adjustment: Who wouldn’t want to recline back and relax for a bit after a long game? We know we would! You can use this feature to recline and relax, watch Netflix or even nap since the chair is heavy enough to hold you.
A Chair Rated For More than You Weigh
Everyone wants a nice chair, right? However, no one wants a chair that looks nice only for a year. A decent gaming chair should last up to 10 years, if not more. Obviously, you need to consider your budget as well as the quality of the chair.
What we recommend is opting for a gaming chair that’s rated for more than you weigh; the only reason being that the chances of you breaking it are slim.
What to Look For in A Gaming Chair for Fat and Heavy People?
We’ll get to the list of our best gaming chair in a bit. For now, let’s focus on what you should be looking for in a gaming chair if you’re a heavy gamer. That way, you’ll understand why we picked those chairs and you can compare them. Also, people who are really overweight need to be more selective about their chairs for maximum support.
With that being said, here are some features to look out for:
- A Durable Base: It goes without saying that a gaming chair for fat guys must have a durable base. This ensures that the chair remains sturdy while bearing heavier weights.
- A High Weight Capacity: This is a crucial factor that heavy gamers need to look for – for obvious reasons. You’ll come to see that every chair in our list has a weight capacity of 300 lbs and more.
- A Tall Backrest: Of course, you need a tall backrest if you’re heavy AND tall. Ideally, it should reach your shoulders or head for minimum support.
- Seat Height Adjustability: As mentioned already, a tall gamer like you should consider getting a gaming chair with a seat height adjustability feature. The seat needs to go high enough so your legs lie flat on the floor and you have a decent posture. Basically, you shouldn’t feel cramped in your chair.
- Chair Width: Again, for obvious reasons, chair width is important and it needs to fit your body type properly so you’re comfortable while gaming.
- Ergonomic Support: Last but definitely not least, a gaming chair with an ergonomic support is great if you’re an overweight gamer because it reduces the risk of lower back pain. Additionally, if you want to protect your health in the long run, an ergonomically designed gaming chair will provide maximum comfort, while eliminating the pain on your back and spine.
AKRacing Masters Series Max Gaming Chair
As a front runner, the AKRacing definitely takes the lead in our list. This chair not only looks nice, but also feels nice and supports up to 400 lbs. Considering its price point, it’s obvious that this chair is meant to last forever.
Features: Let’s start off with the fact that the AKRacing has replaceable parts if for any reason, its parts break or wear out. It’s made of an advanced mechanism that allows you to rock and tilt at any desired position. Speaking of customization, the chair also has adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows to support you at all times.
Design: This one is made of top-notch materials and an extra strong metal base that ensures durability. The seat is also higher and more flexible than other chairs, so it provides amazing support for your spine. As you can see, this is fully-padded with a cold-cured foam padding that ensures long-term comfort and quality. It comes in an extra large size that’s perfect for fat or heavy guys, but it’s also available in 7 different colors to match your gaming room:
- Black and Blue
- Black and Indigo
What we like:
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- Weight limit – 400 lbs
- 4D amrests
- The steel frame is coated with an anti-corrosive paint
- High-quality upholstery materials
- Heavy-duty casters move effortlessly
- Comes in many colors
What we don’t like:
- May be too expensive for some people
Von Racer Big and Tall Gaming Chair
Comfort is one of the most important things when using a gaming chair and this Killabee Von Racer doesn’t disappoint! What we like most about it is that it stays comfortable even after playing for long hours, making you avoid any potential pain.
Features: The amount of customization this chair provides is amazing. Everything is adjustable starting from the arms, backrest, and seat. Not to mention that this offers enough space for larger people, with the width of the seat being 21.7 inches and the backrest 23.2 inches. Also, the seat height can go up to 22.8 inches tall, while the backrest can go 33.5 inches, allowing you to lean back and stretch out.
Design: The best thing about the Von Racer is the seat that’s made out of memory foam which is extra comfortable. When combined with the back and neck cushion, this becomes a match made in heaven! Thanks to its durable and metal base, the chair holds up to 400 lbs, so it’s great for long term use. We especially love the racing design and the all-black finish because it makes it look sleek and modern.
What we like:
- High back and wide armrests
- Weight capacity – 400 lbs
- Detachable padded headrest and lumbar pillows
- 3D armrests
- Smooth-rolling castor wheels
- Stylish and contemporary
What we don’t like:
- Some have complained about a squeaky noise
FANTASYLAB Racing Gaming Chair
What makes this FantasyLab Racing Game Chair a perfect chair for a fat guy are the ergonomic features and the massage function to provide some relaxation after an intense gaming session. The quality of this chair is evident in its construction and weight capacity which you’ll come to love.
Features: The most prominent feature of this one is the wide seat which is exactly what a heavy guy needs. The seat is not the only thing that makes this chair great. Not only is this chair pretty much fully adjustable, but it also has a built-in footrest and a tilting function that lets you relax. Whether you’re a tall or a short fat gamer, the high back allows you to sit comfortably.
Design: Most racing style gaming chairs have race wings on the side of the seat, but not this one. This is specifically designed to adjust to your body shape, without making you feel cramped. For extra comfort, the chair has padded headrest and lumbar cushions which make you feel like you’re on cloud nine. You also get a metal frame and metal base, an explosion-proof gas spring that supports your weight, and high-quality wheel castors that roll smoothly on any surface.
If you want to match the chair to the interior of your gaming room, you’ll be happy to see that this one comes in 5 different colors that are designed to make a statement, such as:
What we like:
- High-quality gaming chair for its price point
- Large built-in footrest
- The width of the seat supports heavy guys
- Maximum weight capacity is 400 lbs
- Racing style design works great as a gaming and office chair
- 360-degree swivel
- The wheels are silent
- Comes with a lumbar massage feature
What we don’t like:
- The assembly directions could be better
Arozzi VERNAZZA-SFB-ASH Computer Gaming/Office Chair
When we think of gaming chairs for fat guys, the Arozzi Vernaza comes to mind. This doubles as a gaming or office chair, plus the ergonomics and the heavy-duty construction makes this 10x better than other regular gaming chairs.
Features: The adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows provide the best comfort and fit for your body type. The armrests are 3-dimensional, so they move up & down, forwards & backwards, rotate in & out for maximum customization. What we love most about it is the spacious hugging backrest which is tall enough for heavy guys. Since it’s equipped with a gas lift, the seat is also adjustable since it raises and provides some extra space.
Design: The one thing about the Arozzi is that you don’t have to worry about the steel frame rusting or corroding. It’s already evident that this chair provides maximum comfort because of the cured molded foam and the upholstery fabric that’s not only stylish, but also highly breathable and durable. Additionally, the ergonomic design of this one improves your posture for longer periods of use since it has extra pillows.
You could get this in a fabric or PU leather material, but either way, it’s going to transform your room because it comes in 7 different colors, such as:
- Pure Black
- Light Grey
What we like:
- Spacious seat, perfect for big and tall users
- The perfect chair for a gamer or office worker
- The premium soft upholstery fabric doesn’t tear over time
- Comes with adjustable headrest and lumbar pillows
- Weight capacity – 320 lbs
- 3D armrests for more mobility
- Comes in two different materials and many colors
What we don’t like:
- The maximum weight capacity is not enough for all heavy guys
GTRACING Gaming Chair
If you’re on a tight budget, but still need a decent gaming chair for your size, this GTRACER chair is one of the best investments that you can make. So save yourself time and money with this one and check out its amazing features.
Features: Let’s start off with the ergonomic features first. The GTRACER includes adjustable height, 360-degree swivel function, reclining back up to 170 degrees, a retractable footrest, and a removable headrest. The dimensions of the chair are decent for supporting a heavy guy like you, with a wide seat that offers plenty of space to move around.
Design: Although it’s a budget-friendly option, the chair is made of very high-quality materials such as a PU leather material, 5 point base that provides stability for big guys, a metal frame that doesn’t rust, and heavy-duty castors that glide around. The thick padding on the back and seat take it to the next level, while the retractable footrest allows you to stretch out and relax your legs after a long game.
What we like:
- Heavy-duty gaming chair at an affordable price
- Metal frame ensures longevity and durability
- Ergonomic features are fully-adjustable
- PU leather is easy to clean
- Stylish and blends in your gaming room
- It reclines and rocks between 90 to 170 degrees
- Assembly is easy
What we don’t like:
- Some complain about the armrests not being stable enough
Furmax Gaming Chair
Another racing-style gaming chair that we absolutely love is the Furmax Computer Office Gaming Chair. Obviously, the bright turquoise color is what stands out the most, but the other adjustable ergonomic features won’t let you down either.
Features: The coolest feature of the Furmax is the flip-out footrest which you can use to stick your feet on it and relax after an all-night gaming session. It also comes with height-adjustable armrests that are very convenient. Additionally, you can adjust the backrest at a 90 to 180-degrees angle if you ever want to lie flat down. The seating area dimensions are just enough for a heavy and fat gamer.
Design: Apart from the bright turquoise detailing and the stripes that make the chair truly pop with color, it also makes the chair look modern and gives it an almost psychedelic design. Apart from this, the padding on the bucket seat, lumbar support cushion, and the headrest provide extra comfort, especially during gaming. The chair is also made of high-quality PU leather that doesn’t tear off and is easy to clean.
What we like:
- Retractable footrest
- Armrests are adjustable for height, durable, and a mix of steel, faux leather, and plastic
- ‘Bucket seat’ adds another level of comfort
- Maximum weight capacity is 310 lbs (expected for its price)
- 1 year warranty on all parts
- Instructions are clear to follow
What we don’t like:
- The material is kind of hard to sit on after a few hours
If you’re unfamiliar with gaming chairs and what their benefits are, you probably have some questions that you’d like the answers to. Below are some common questions that anyone who uses or is planning on getting a gaming chair has.
Why do Gaming Chairs Have Weight Capacities?
There are many reasons as to why gaming chairs have weight capacities. The first and most obvious reason is for customer safety, but a lot of manufacturers list their weight capacities as a way of avoiding warranties. Sad, but it’s true.
Also, if the chair is unable to hold your actual weight, you may be risking the warranty. So it’s important to opt for a gaming chair with a weight limit that’s above your weight.
Can Fat People Use Gaming Chairs?
Obviously, yes! Anyone can use a gaming chair; you just need to find the one that is able to support you and your weight. Ideally, a 300 lbs chair would be perfect, so if you’re around 250 lbs, it’s most likely able to hold you.
Some chairs that are designed for heavier users can hold more than 300 or 400 lbs on average; some of them can hold up to 800 lbs even!
What are the Benefits of a Gaming/Computing Chair?
First things first, a gaming chair improves your cognitive abilities. If you’re someone who suffers from chronic pain or get easily distracted, you’re more prone to being vulnerable. But a gaming chair helps you with that because it’s equipped with ergonomic features that improve your posture and overall performance.
Additionally, good posture leads to strain-free muscles, so you’re more energetic to game for longer periods.
What are Gaming Chair Benefits for Heavy and Fat Guys?
So we mentioned the benefits that a gaming chair provides for average users, but what about heavy gamers? As we know, the spine carries our body’s weight, but it also bears a great burden which leads to slouching.
That slouching puts compression on the ribs, which then leads to more pressure on your lower spine. On the other hand, it also weakens other muscles, which make your posture even worse. As a result, you get an immense back pain and poor mobility.
Sitting on a well-designed gaming chair can get rid of these issues because it trains your body to sit at a better posture. A healthy posture takes the pressure off of the neck and back, making your muscles stronger. Other benefits in the long run include better blood flow, increased vitality, deeper breathing, looser limbs, etc.